Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound found in the cannabis-Sativa plant and is known for its health benefits.
CBD is different from tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) as it does not contain any psychoactive properties like THC does.
CBD works directly with our naturally occurring endocannabinoid system (ECS), found in various locations throughout the body.
The primary purpose of the ECS is to regulate many bodily functions, including:
- Immune function
- Brain through the central and peripheral nervous system
- Hormone secretion concerning reproductive functions
- Stress response
Boost Your Body With CBD
If you are looking to improve your mind and body, CBD can assist. Some of the excellent potential benefits of CBD include:
- Anxiety and Stress Relief – CBD is extraordinarily effective for anxiety and stress as research has shown it may alter the way the brain responds to serotonin. This chemical is linked with mental health.
- Improved Sleep – Due to the calming effect pure natural CBD oil and other products have on the nervous system, it has been considered highly beneficial for those battling with insomnia.
- Reducing Inflammation and Pain – CBD’s effects on the brain’s receptors can help reduce chronic pain and inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Enhancing Sports Performance – CBD helps boost sports performance by reducing inflammation, stress, and anxiety.
- Pre and Post-Workout Muscle Recovery – Staying focused is essential when working out. Taking CBD before exercising can assist with that and relieve muscle soreness after a workout session.
CBD does not contain THC, but medical cannabis does. Medical cannabis can also be utilized, but you may need to obtain a medical cannabis card depending on the state you live in, so make sure to confirm.
CBD, which does not require a card, can be used through smoking, vaping, tinctures, creams, and edibles. The edibles can be in gummies or other snack-type foods, but they can also be put into smoothies resulting in a very healthy body and mind-boosting drink.
Many people have difficulty getting all their fruits and veggies, so they opt for smoothies, which help to provide essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Starting a collection of clean eating recipes is fun and straightforward. By incorporating fruits and vegetables with CBD, your body will benefit from abundant, powerful nutrition combined with emotional wellness.
CBD Smoothies 101
The great thing about CBD smoothies is creating a colorful collection of nutritious yet flavorful and satisfying drinks.
Supercharge your CBD smoothie by adding in superfoods such as:
- Spinach or other leafy greens such as Kale
- Greek yogurt or Kefir
- Chia or Flax seeds
- Cacao (this is very high in antioxidants but don’t get it confused with cocoa, they’re not the same!)
Whatever you choose as the base, make sure to include CBD oil in a low dose at first to see how your body adapts to it and you can always add more if needed.
With autumn on the horizon, a decadent treat to include in your CBD smoothie recipes would be a pumpkin pie CBD smoothie. All you need is a blender or bullet and glass along with the necessary ingredients.
- 1 cup of Almond Milk (or another milk alternative)
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup Pumpkin puree
- CBD oil (follow instructions given on label or from your healthcare provider)
- 1 cup of ice
Add all the ingredients to your blender or bullet for at least two minutes or until smooth and enjoy!
Be creative and try new ingredients when making your daily CBD smoothie to ensure that you get various fruits and vegetables each day. These nutrient-power-packed drinks will also help boost your immune system, and in these challenging times, that can help make you a true wellness warrior!